Kittson County Historical Society

Kittson profiles and photos from the past and present

I am interested in finding out more about the Henry Family who lived in Hallock, Minnesota, from about 1880 through 1916.  The father of this family was Peter Henry, born in Ireland, and his wife, Zoe LaBlanc Henry, who I believe was born in Quebec.  They married in Quebec, and then around 1880, moved to Hallock.  Their younest son, James, was born in Hallock.  Their older children were born in Canada, as far as I can tell. 

Zoe Henry, the mother, and James, the son, and a daughter, Zoe, are listed in the 1905 census.  This is consistent with the family oral history.  I would like to know more about this family.  If anyone has any information, I would be very appreciative.

Also, I saw a map of the homestead owners, but I don't know the date.  Their property was in Hill Township.  One plot was owned by Zoe Henry (don't know if this was mother or daughter) and another was owned by J.D. Henry, who is a son (and brother of James). 

I see the naturalization papers online with ancestry.com, but can't get into the information.  There are papers for Peter Henry and Agnus(Agnes) Henry (another daughter).  However, without seeing the information, I am not sure if these are papers for this family or another.

One very important piece of missing information for me is the names of Zoe LaBlanc Henry's parent's name.  I have very different conflicting information about this from family stories, and each takes me in a different direction.  Is there any place in the history of Kittson County that I could find this information?

Thank you for your assistance.

Therese

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have asked the museum to find obituaries for the Henry Family. I will get back to you with more information from census records and obituaries when I get them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Glenn Browne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service