Kittson County Historical Society

Kittson profiles and photos from the past and present

Local History Resources (Online) - Red River Valley Website

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Red River Valley Website is once again up and running. It's a valuable resource, and I fought to keep it alive. Thanks to help from Kris Baldwin Ohmann, we have succeeded!

The new address for the site is http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mnrrvn/Red%20River%20Valley.html

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for working so hard to keep the site available. It is a wonderful resource for those doing research in the valley.
Thanks, Marcy. I'm just relieved we were finally able to get the data and save all that hard work of Dennis' that was "trapped" on his Mac computer (long story...!)
Congratulations on your efforts to keep this website material online. I recall finding it a few years ago and ending up reading until 2 or 3 in the morning all the essays written by young Humboldt students. The stories of their families and history are treasures. We left Humboldt when I was nine years old, in 1941. So I assumed the webmaster was likely the grandson of the Dennis Mathews I remembered from my youth. I was amazed when I got his reply to my email saying that he was the youngster who came to our house to play with my older brothers in the '30s -- so that he could admire our attractive older sister. It was ironic that I, in Arkansas, was enjoying the website about Northern Minnesota administered by Dennis, living in Washington state. The internet is a fantastic tool for those of us interested in studying and preserving history. It is just great that we senior citizens can not only enjoy it but can be serious contributors to its value by creating, supporting and improving these communications.

Thank you, Trish, for all you do.
You're very welcome. I love doing it for everyone. History, and especially local history, is a true passion of mine.

Guess what? I just got offered (and I accepted) a job as a librarian in Warren, MN - the city my Dad was born in. Ironically, I never visited Warren when Dad was alive. Now, 6 years after his passing, I end up living down the road from Warren, and then getting a job there. People around here even knew his family. Small world.

I AM LOOKING FOR A COPY OF THE HISTORY OF KENNEDY MINNESOTA. MY FATHERS FAMILY LIVED IN KENNEDY. CHARLES MONSON WAS MY GRANDFATHER AND I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON HIS FIRST WIFE WHO DIED AROUN D 1912. THANK YOU ED MONSON

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Glenn Browne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service