Kittson County Historical Society

Kittson profiles and photos from the past and present

Hi,  My mother is Gertrude Esther Borgeson, daughter of Ida Johnson and Erick Carl Borgeson, born 5/10/1912 in Lancaster, Mn.  She grew up there and married my father who is Adolph Gus Cleem (born Carl Adoph but went by Gus for some unknown reason), the fourth son of George Cleem and Adella Ruth Easter, he was born 5/20/1909.  Both parents and five of the children moved to California in 1942 (Mom's mother, father and siblings moved to Calif. in 1932).  My Grandfather Borgeson worked for Walter Hill, James J Hill's son and came to California to work for him.  He owned the pool hall amongst other things in Lancaster.  My Grandfather George and Grandmother Ruth remained in St. Vincent their whole lives, along with many of my father's siblings in the Kittson Co. area.  I am seeking any information on these photos which were in albums I received after my mother passed in 2007.  My dad passed in 1958 in California.  I will try to get these photos moved over from the photo section shortly.  I am really searching for information on Adolph Cleem born 9/1856-61.  I cannot find any information besides confusing census dates and spellings.  I would like to know his siblings and his parents names.  Thanks,  Georgine

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

more pictures
Attachments:
more pictures
Attachments:

Hi Georgine, Adolph Cleem died 29 March 1950 and is buried at Greenwood Cemetery in Hallock. I would order his death certificate from the following site: http://people.mnhs.org/dci/search.cfm?CFID=2475206&CFTOKEN=4450...     certid# 1950-MN-007367

The death certificate should list his parents. Hope this helps! Marcy Johnson, Hallock, MN

RSS

© 2019   Created by Glenn Browne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service